The following are examples of frequently requested Bylaws and application forms (in PDF format):


Disclaimer: The online versions of the Village of Radium Hot Springs bylaws are provided for information or research purposes only. Although every effort is made to assure the accuracy and completeness of online bylaw documents, you should confirm all information before making any decisions based on them. The Village of Radium Hot Springs will, in no event, be liable or responsible for damages of any kind arising out of the use of online bylaws.

These are NOT official versions of the Village of Radium bylaws, nor are these documents admissible in a court of law. For such purposes, official certified copies can be obtained from the  Clerk’s office.


For more information regarding bylaws and enforcement, contact Gary Burford at gary [dot] burford [at] radiumhotsprings [dot] ca


Bylaws Enforcement


Gary Burford is the Protective Services (Bylaw) Officer and is responsible for enforcing Village Bylaws such as:

  • Signage
  • Unsightly Premises
  • Noise Control
  • Special Events
  • Traffic and parking Issues


If you wish to file a complaint about a possible bylaw infraction, please fill in the appropriate form (General Complaint Form).
This form is also available at the Village Office or by fax and email.



The Bylaw Officer reviews sign permit applications, including sandwich board signs.The Signage Regulation Bylaw is intended to enhance the attractiveness and economic well being of the Village as a place to live, visit, vacation and conduct business. It is also intended to reduce the dangers of construction and installation of unsafe signs or signs that may create a traffic hazard. All signs, unless exempt from the bylaw, require a permit.

When is a Sign Permit required?
Any signage, including sandwich board signs, being considered for commercial or industrial business requires approval through issuance of a Sign Permit.

What is required for a Sign Permit?
An applicant must complete a Sign Permit Application Form supplied by the Village office and pay the applicable fees.

How long does it take to process a Sign Permit?
An application may be completed within one to three days.  If an application must go through Council for final approval this may take up to four weeks depending on when the application is received and the date of the next Council Meeting.

What costs are involved in getting a Sign Permit?
The fee for a Sign Permit is $60.00 per sign.
The fee for applying for a sandwich board sign is $25.00.



Gary conducts annual fire inspections for commercial properties in Radium.


In accordance with Village bylaw, all dogs over the age of 4 months must be licensed in Radium. This applies whether you are a property owner or a renter. The fee for spayed or neutered dogs is $10 and $40 if they are not fixed. The Village contracts its dog control officer through the RDEK. The dog control officer is Damien Richard and he can be reached at 250-341-7880. If you have a dog complaint during business hours, please come to the Village Office and complete our complaint form (General Complaint form). It will then be sent to Damien for his action.