The nearest hospital is Invermere & District Hospital (Level 1 Community Hospital that offers services including acute care, laboratory, and 24 hour emergency), located 18km south of Radium.
Invermere and District Hospital
850 – 10th Avenue
Emergency Hours: 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
BC Health (www.gov.bc.ca/health/)
HealthLink BC (www.healthlinkbc.ca/)
- Medically-approved information on more than 5,000 health topics, symptoms, medications, and tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Online Search Directory to find nearby health services.
- Call 8-1-1 from anywhere in British Columbia to speak with a nurse any time of the day or night. On weekdays, you can speak to a dietitian about nutrition and healthy eating. At night pharmacists are available to answer medication questions.
Medical & Dental Clinics
A full range of medical and dental service clinics is available in Invermere, 18 km south of Radium, including:
- Chisel Peak Medical Centre - T.341-6900
- Invermere Medical Clinic - T.342-9206
- O'Sullivan Dental Clinic - T.342-9663
- Dr. Richard Kanan - T.342-3811
Family Resource Centre
1317-7th Avenue, Invermere, BC V0A 1K0
Click here for the Columbia Valley Resource & Service Guide. The Guide is a resource for families living throughout the Columbia Valley; designed to provide residents with information about community agencies, organizations and service providers for families and their children, including area elementary schools, playgrounds, sporting and recreation opportunities
There are no social supports available directly in Radium, other than well-being spas (massage, reiki, etc.).
- The Radium Library (http://radium.bclibrary.ca/) opened in a new space in 2008. Membership is free for residents and property owners of Radium & surrounding area.
- Library Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/RadiumPublicLibrary
- Invermere recently opened an 18-unit affordable housing complex.
- Mental health services, well-being (acupuncture, chiropractor,osteopath, naturopath, etc.) services, health food stores, etc., are all available in Invermere.
Hospice Society of the Columbia Valley - http://www.hospicesocietycv.com/