The British Columbia (BC) Government launched the Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant Program (Program) in September 2020 to help businesses impacted by COVID-19. The program provides fully funded grants of up to $30,000 to eligible BC businesses, along with up to $15,000 additional funding to eligible tourism-based BC businesses.
What you need to know
The Program has a two-step process:
- Businesses need to visit www.gov.bc.ca/businessrecoverygrant to learn how the program works, determine eligibility requirements, and see what they need to apply. Then they are ready for Step One: start their application.
- After an application is received, the BC Government reviews for eligibility, reaching out to applicants if they have any questions or need more info. If eligibility is confirmed, businesses move to Step Two: complete a recovery plan.
- Information is available on the Program website in languages other than English, including Simplified Chinese, Punjabi, French, Farsi, Korean, Vietnamese and more.
For additional information:
- The program website: http://www.gov.bc.ca/businessrecoverygrant
- This quick explainer video:
- o Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFVNPArLm-/
- o Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/BCProvincialGovernment/videos/633499180778665/
- o Twitter: https://twitter.com/BCGovNews/status/1350216196122046465
- o Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEwR9hkbGP4&feature=youtu.be
- This video encouraging businesses to apply:
- o Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKM9byzj3rg/
- o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=141773957752659
- o Twitter: https://twitter.com/BCGovNews/status/1351288255224795138