Employment Opportunity – Director of Finance
Are you awesome?
. . . A team builder and creator of positive corporate culture whose excellent levels of financial skill and experience match your personality?
If you are then the Village of Radium Hot Springs is looking for you!
The Village seeks an experienced Director of Finance who can lead, develop, and mentor the finance team into the future.
This is a unique time to join the Village team: a time of significant organizational renewal. In addition to your general awesomeness – and ability to work well as a member of a high-functioning team – the ideal candidate will have a professional accounting designation (a finance diploma may be considered), and a track record of success and organizational and cultural improvement in progressively senior finance roles – preferably in the public sector.
In return the Village can offer: a competitive salary; comprehensive benefits including defined benefit pension; and superior flexibility on hours worked – including potentially a hybrid office/remote working arrangement to the right candidate.
As a key member of the senior management team, and reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will oversee the Village’s finance department and provide guidance, strategic advice, and direction within the organization. You will be accountable for effective administration of the financial affairs of the Village including all accounting, budgeting, financial planning, debt and investment management, financial risk management, and the ongoing review of financial processes and policy.
Desired knowledge includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of public sector financial accounting and reporting principles and requirements under PSAB
- Thorough knowledge of BC municipal legislation as it relates to finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary municipal asset management practices
- The ability to communicate straightforwardly and effectively with a variety of audiences
- Experience in consulting with public and working with councils, boards, and committees
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Vadim financial software
Personality is key! Awesome candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Monday, November 7, 2022 to:
Adrian Bergles, Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Radium Hot Springs
The Village of Radium Hot Springs thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.