Recreate, Rejuvenate, Reunite in Radium
The Village of Radium is committed to enhancing the quality of life and leisure in Radium. From the minute you step out your door, the recreational possibilities are endless. Situated in the beautiful Columbia Valley, our close proximity to hiking and biking trails, golf courses, ski hills, waterways and many other back country pursuits, offers our residents and visitors a variety of recreational opportunities.
Some of our local recreational facilities and amenities include:
Radium's main park and Kirk Street park were revitalized with the addition of brand new playground equipment. Completed in the summer of 2013, the playgrounds have already seen alot of use and enjoyment!
OUTDOOR FITNESS EQUIPMENT
The Village also has outdoor fitness equipment at Legends Park. Supplied by the Canadian company, Fitness Outdoors, from Olds, Alberta, this equipment is manufactured from high quality steel and treated to prevent corrosion. It is designed for a variety of exercises, including cardio, strength training, flexibility and balance exercises. Regular activity is a key factor in reducing stress, improving memory and contributing to better overall health and well-being. So take a stroll to the Park and check out the equipment!
ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING OF NEW COMMUNITY HALL FACILITY
Looking to host a family reunion or a wedding? The following facilities are available for rent:
- Brent's Shack Concession - contains commercial grills, boilers, sink and small fridge;
- Community Hall - We are so pleased to announce the construction of a new community hall facility, commencing in 2017. Unfortunately, the existing hall will be demolished in order to make room for the new construction. Therefore, rental of the hall will not be available from March 2017 to the spring of 2018.
For meetings or other professional gatherings and training:
- Fire Department meeting room (restrictions apply) - contact Fire Chief Dave Dixon - 250.342.5733
- Village Council meeting room - a smaller venue (25-30 people) best suited for meetings.
Call the Village office for further rental information - 250.347.6455
Other useful links:
RADIUM EVENTS AT A GLANCE:
- June 17th, 2017 - Brits Best Car Show. A classic collection of British Cars is on display in Legends Field.
- June 23rd, 2017 - Radium Days and Music and Market on Main begins!
July and August
- Music on Main runs every Friday evening from 7-9pm. The location is next to the Visitor Information Centre (on Main St. East). Come out and enjoy the sounds of local musicians.
- Market on Main runs every Friday and vendors will be set up on the grounds surrounding the Visitor Information Centre. Stop by the market and choose from local jams, produce, baked goods and much more;
- Beginning July 4th - Adventure Radium runs for eight weeks every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - this is a summer program for kids ages 5-8 (morning session) and 9-11/12 (afternoon session). More information is available by clicking on "Adventure Radium" in the Things To Do box at the top of this page.
- September 9th, 2017 - Kootenay Savings Credit Union Movie in the Park, Radium Central Park - Radium's annual outdoor movie. Bring a blanket or your lawn chair and experience the nostalgia of an outdoor movie! Visit www.kscu.com for more information.
- September 15th & 16th - Classic Car Show & Shine. An annual showing of over 900 classic cars. The Springs' Driving Range is the perfect setting for visitors and residents alike to take a stroll along memory lane and appreciate the wide variety of classic cars on display. The glistening chrome and spectacular finishes all attest to the love and commitment of the owners.
- September 23rd - Headbanger Trail Challenge - an annual trail run hosted by Crazy Soles, featuring a half marathon, 3km and 12 km run. Visit their website at www.crazysoles.ca for more information.
- November 4th - Headbanger Festival - "The Rut Not The Run! "- Come see nature in action as the bighorn sheep ram heads in our streets. A weekend full of activities, educational opportunities and a soak in the hot springs! Click here for more information!
- Returning in 2017 - CP Rail Holiday Train stops in Radium (www.cpr.ca);
- December 10th - Radium Hot Springs Fire Department Children's Christmas Party - at the firehall beginning at 4pm, best suited for kids 1-10 years of age;
- December 31st - The Village's annual New Year's Eve birthday celebration and fireworks. Activities start at 3pm at Brent's Shack and end with a fireworks display at the Springs Driving Range. Come out and enjoy hot dogs, chili, hot chocolate and birthday cake! Annual fundraiser for the Volunteer Fire Department.
For more information regarding many of the above events, visit Tourism Radium's webpage or the altnerate links.
Radium is a wonderfully warm and inviting Village which strives to offer residents and visitors a friendly and peaceful place to work, play and call home!