The Sunrise Rotary Club of Radium supports the communities of Radium, Edgewater and north as far as Spillimacheen.
Since its inception in 2003, the Sunrise Rotary Club of Radium has accomplished a very impressive list of achievements. Locally, they have:
- Built Rotary Park, the lovely little greenspace at the junction where Highway 93 meets Highway 93/95, which includes a pathway that joins the park with the Sinclair Creek trail system.
- Provided funds for the construction of one of the bridges on the Sinclair Creek trail system.
- Sponsored student exchanges between local high school students and those of other countries such as Brazil and Japan
- Provided bursaries for graduating students
- Partially funded the lovely lights and trees that decorate the main streets of Radium for the winter holiday season.
- Twice a year local Rotarians and friends clean up trash along the highway extending south of Radium.
- Built the Rotary Garden, the community garden in the centre of the village, complete with 40 raised beds, an eight-foot wildlife fence, gazebo and benches.
The Sunrise Rotary Club of Radium meets the FIRST and THIRD Wednesday of the month from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Don Agave Cantina in the Prestige Inn located at 7493 Main Street West.
The club is always happy to welcome new members. If you are interested in joining the Radium Sunrise Rotary Club, please contact one of the following members: